Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Macao Travelogue (Part 1)


I was so excited that I’ll be able to go to Macao for the first time! I just can’t contain my enthusiasm! But after I’ve calmed down, I started thinking what is Macau like?
Is it like Hongkong? Or the old cultural China?
So I made a quick research of the place… I found out that Macao is the Las Vegas of Asia! Ooohhhh I’m so gonna be loving every corner of this place! So I made a list on where to go to… and the first on my list is….
The Fisherman’s Wharf…
It was one of the first spots that I specially found delightful!
It’s like a mini amusement park . You’ll get to enjoy a short ride inside a manmade volcano, oh and this volcano spurts fire on its cater!  Walk a little further and you’ll see the ruins of the old Roman theater and you can pose with a real live Roman soldier! Now walk a little further at the back part of the wharf and you’ll see the river where you can view the ferries going to Hongkong, but the best part of standing at the dock  during the night is looking at the beautiful well-lit bridge that looked like ancient Greek gold columns floating in the river! I never thought that I’d be awed at such bridges as the ones beside the Fisherman’s Wharf of Macau!
Oh and don’t miss out the dainty souvenir shops and a variety of restaurants there that ranges  from American to Portuguese to Chinese to Japanese dishes which are all mouth-watering! You can enjoy some cocktail drinks while listening to the soothing sound of their bands. Then after a sumptuous dinner, indulge in the authentic New Zealand ice cream shop there (New Zealand Natural, the ice cream café in the Amsterdam-themed area of Fisherman’s Wharf) to end an evening of fun rides, wonderful views and delicious meals!


2 comments: