Wednesday, March 14, 2012

ART IN THE UNDERPASS

I have been driving since forever, but when our car broke down, I found more excitement in going places using public transports, and using my own two feet!

I find the poetry posted inside the LRT trains very classy...
the fm radio stations catering for the "masa" crowd, the vans and fx drivers are tuned in to, very funny...
the fast cars under me whenever I cross through the footbridges on the wide highways very animating...
the street foods from the MRT stations very satisfying...
the unending chat of the cab driver very exhilarating, but sometimes annoying (that is of course, i just want to rest while going to my destination)...
all these things I experience all because my car broke!

Here's the latest addition to an exciting discovery while crossing the Elliptical Road. Ives and I were going to Quezon Memorial Circle to check out the Flora Filipina Expo. We went down the underpass from Philcoa to the Circle, it actually was the first time for both of us. Both to our surprise, it was rather a lovely underpass...

There were works of art hanging on both sides of the wall of the underpass... mostly all about the old and new Quezon City...
Some information about Manuel L. Quezon...
and some projects of the mayor.

What impressed me most is the beautiful lighting, tiled floors, and the 24-hour security guards posted there.

Because we were running out of time, I wasn't able to take individual photographs of the works of art there.

Nevertheless, here are some shots while we were there...

beautiful lighting


museum/underpass


nice and comfy, although it was raining outside



No comments:

Post a Comment