Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THE BATTLE OF THE PERSIANS


No, I’m not talking about the Battle of Thermopylae which was featured in the movie 300… hey I’m all about food, so I’m trying to figure out which Persian restaurant is the best for me… is it Mr. Kabab? (located at West Ave. QC and UP-Ayala Technohub Commonwealth QC) Or the other Persian restaurant, The World’s Best Persian Restaurant? (I’m not trying to describe the place, that’s the name of the restaurant! Located at Quezon Ave. QC)

Both of them have their own killer entrees and both have their own not-so-good recipes.
Here are the foods that I tried so far…

Mr. Kabab: I really really love their chicken beryani, lamb beryani, falafel plate and their chicken chelo special… they are to die for! But forget their shawarma plate and shawarma sandwich, the beef they used is a little dry and it lacks a bit of that Persian spice…

TWBPR:  I think this is where I’ve tasted the best shawarma ever! Most especially when you top it with hot garlic sauce…. Ahhh, it’s uh-ma-zing! And it goes best with their mango yoghurt shake. But when I tried their chicken beryani, I was quite disappointed since it is quite lacking not just in the serving size but also in taste.

 So who wins? ME!… because each has their own specialty dishes that I can always go to whenever I crave for that Persian taste… like I said I’m all about food!

Mr. Kabab's chicken chelo special 

Array of yoghurt and fruit shakes

Falafel plate from Mr. Kabab Persian Restaurant

delicious Lamb Beryani

really really delicious Chicken Beryani
Mango Yoghurt Shake by The World's Best Persian Restaurant

The BEST Shawarma I've ever tasted is at TWBPR


No comments:

Post a Comment