Saturday, March 17, 2012

BEAUTIFUL ORCHIDS AT FLORA FILIPINA EXPO

I used to culture orchids when I was younger,
Unfortunately, my orchids didn't last long...
Maybe because I don't have what they say the green thumb...
Or maybe because I didn't place them in the right environment...
Or most probably, because, I was just so lazy to take care of them.
Don't hate me.
Believe me, I really love them floras and faunas.
It's just that I lose the time and enthusiasm in nurturing them.
But when I learned that the Philippine Orchid Society have their expo at Quezon Memorial Circle,
I didn't think twice.
Ives and I went there despite of the rain.
It was still raining when we got there, but that didn't stop us.
There are different categories in the expo.
The landscape, cacti, bonsai, and orchid categories.
I'll be posting all of the categories.
For now, I'll be posting the orchid category...
And this time, my orchids will definitely last FOREVER...



I think the rain drops added beauty to these golden yellow orchids!


I think this is a white Cattleya


these white orchids are the most common of all orchids... 
so pretty lavender and purple orchids! I think they are called "moth orchids"

oh how I wish I could grow something so beautiful as this!



I used to have these green dendrobiums

lovely yellow dendrobiums
this was mama's favorite, she calls this "the dancing lady"


ooops! this is not an orchid! haha! 

white orchids, or the white dendrobiums, i used to have lots of these!






purple vanda sandereana or  waling-waling

orange vanda sandereana or more commonly called waling-waling

purple orchid

I think these are also dendrobiums


I just can't help but fall in love with this Cattleya

my last shot for my mama's favorite
Pardon my lack of knowledge on their names... all that matters to me is that I was able to capture their beauty... and preserve them through my photographs.

For more information regarding future expos and activities of the Philippine Orchid Society, you can check out their website at http://www.philippineorchidsocietyph.org

No comments:

Post a Comment